Only one year into our contract and we can already see great change and lasting impact at Oldeani Secondary School.
As we begin the school year, for the first time:
- The complete class schedule was in place and teachers were on hand ready to teach on the first day of school.
- All Form 1 students attended a Pre-Form 1 class focusing on English Comprehension (the language medium for the school). The course was directed by our ESL teacher, Lara Manning, and taught in December by our RVCV Form 4 graduates: Saidi, Benja, Riziki, Doctor, Abdul and Richard.
- There are 7 additional teachers on the teaching roster. These teachers were selected and employed by Rift Valley Children’s Village to complement the government teaching staff of 10 and ensure smaller class size.
- Teachers will be teaching in grade level teams allowing them to develop stronger relationships of mutual respect with students and have greater impact on classroom management.
- Over 250 students have already registered with more arriving each day.
- 4 new classrooms are now open and ready for use with more to come.
- All of the RVCV students who graduated from Gyetighi Primary in September will be joining the new Form 1 class.
- A student “hostel” has been created for all of our scholarship students so that they can live in a safe and secure environment while attending school.
We have high hopes and great expectations for the coming school year.